Currently there are no power outage issues in the Santa Clarita Valley.
SCE wants its customers to know that even thought there is no current conservation alert issued by the company or the California Independent System Operator, it is always a good idea to be thoughtful about personal energy usage to help grid reliability.
SCE is working closely with local officials, the Los Angeles County Fire Department, the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection and other agencies to help ensure coordination and understanding of electric service conditions in the wildfire areas.
Wildfire Safety Tips from SCE:
- Outages could occur at any time in the wildfire areas, so SCE reminds its customers to keep flashlights handy in the event of a service interruption.
- Do not rely on candles for lighting during a power outage because they could pose a fire hazard; use battery-operated lights instead.
- If you see downed lines, please call SCE and report it to the police and fire departments immediately. Never touch or try to move a downed power line.
- If you are without electrical service in your home or business, leave one light switch in the “on” position to serve as a signal when electrical service has been restored. This will help limit stress on the electrical system when SCE restores service.
- Turn off and unplug any unnecessary electrical equipment, especially sensitive electronics.