Free At-Home COVID-19 Tests
Households can now order 4 free at-home COVID-19 tests from the Federal Government by visiting https://www.covidtests.gov/. Tests are completely free and usually ship within 7-12 days. Residents only need to enter their address to claim their tests and 4 tests will be sent per address.
Locate available COVID-19 testing sites near you by visiting https://covid19.lacounty.gov/testing/.
Testing is currently recommended, regardless of vaccination, if you:
- Have COVID-19 symptoms
- Have been a “close contact” to someone with COVID-19 within the last 14 days *If you have had a positive test for COVID-19 in the last 90 days, you do not need to get tested as long as you do not have symptoms of COVID-19.
- Are returning from international travel, even if you are fully vaccinated
- Are part of an outbreak investigation
If you live or work in a place where other people have been diagnosed with COVID-19, you may need to be tested, even if you are fully vaccinated or had COVID-19 in the past.
- Are NOT fully vaccinated and
- Work or study in a place where COVID-19 vaccination or regular testing is required
- Participate in organized youth sports, including school sports teams.
- Are a teacher or student in school
- Traveled outside of California (within the United States). Testing is recommended 1-3 days before and 3-5 days after travel. See Travel Advisory
At-Home Test Collection for LA County residents with COVID-19 symptoms or a recent exposure. This program has been temporarily paused, click here for more information.
Other Local COVID-19 Testing Opportunities
Free drive-up COVID-19 tests are available on SELECT weekdays in January between 12:00 and 5:00 p.m. in the LOWER parking lot of 20880 Centre Pointe Parkway, Santa Clarita, CA, 91350.
Appointments MUST be scheduled via email (email@example.com) or text (562-270-5411)