Vaccination Update for Los Angeles County (January 2022)
COVID-19 Vaccine Boosters are recommended for everyone age 12+.
Learn more about vaccine eligibility here.
Beware of Vaccination Scams:
Emergency Broadband Benefit Program
The new program is meant to help lower income individuals (and others who qualify) afford Internet service.
- Up to a $50/month discount on your broadband service and associated equipment rentals
- Up to a $75/month discount if your household is on qualifying Tribal lands
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer (with a co-payment of more than $10 but less than $50)
- Only one monthly service discount and one device discount is allowed per household; however, their definition of household IMO is different than other programs.
- The FCC has announced that consumers can begin applying for and enrolling in the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program on May 12, 2021.
- The program will end when the fund runs out of money, or six months after the Department of Health and Human Services declares an end to the COVID-19 health emergency, whichever is sooner.
- Our two incumbents offer it:
- Spectrum (Charter Communications Operating, LLC) – 866-980-3107
- AT&T 866-986-0963
For more information, please visit https://getemergencybroadband.org/
Internet Access/Distance Learning
For families that are looking for access to the Internet for distance learning, AT&T is offering an affordable way to stay connected with Internet service for $10/month and expanded eligibility requirements.
Find more details at att.com/access or call (855) 220-5211.
CA COVID-19 Rent Relief Program: The State of California has increased funding for income-eligible renters and their landlords who have been impacted by COVID-19 to cover 100% of unpaid and future rent or utilities. This increase in rental assistance payments to 100% of unpaid rent will help make landlords whole and keep tenants housed. You can verify your eligibility for the CA COVID-19 Rent Relief program and apply immediately by visiting HousingIsKey.com, or by calling 833-430-2122. Additionally, if you are an applicant who has already received funding through the program, you will be compensated the difference to receive 100% coverage – there is no need to re-apply.
The State of California Employment Development Department (EDD) has resources available for workers affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, including those who are sick or quarantined, have reduced hours, or are self-employed. See the resources available and apply for unemployment benefits on the EDD’s website.
Residents in Santa Clarita can seek relief on their utility bills from Southern California Edison and SoCalGas. Both utility providers have suspended disconnections for non-payment and are offering account holders flexible payment options for those impacted financially by COVID-19. Please visit Southern California Edison and SoCalGas for more information.
The California Department of Motor Vehicles continues to provide essential services to Californians by mail, through online services and via available kiosks. All field offices in California reopened on June 9, 2020, though some services may be unavailable. Visit the DMV online to confirm available services before going in person.
Free Meals for Children
ATTENTION: School Day Cafe’s Summer meal program has ended but it will be providing Grab n Go meals via a drive through service to enrolled students at each school site on the first day of distance learning. Learn more on the School Day Cafe website.
Delivered Meals for Seniors
Through LA County’s Great Plates Delivered, you can help a local senior or business in your community.This meal assistance program offers eligible seniors with three (3) home-delivered meals a day. Seniors over 65, seniors 60-64 years of age who have been diagnosed or exposed to COVID-19, or those at high-risk for COVID-19 may qualify. When you help a senior connect to Great Plates Delivered you’re also helping your local restaurant, hospitality and transportation community get back to work.
To learn more or apply for this program, click here.
Speak to a Los Angeles County Financial Navigator, free of charge, to help manage and address your financial concerns brought forth by the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more and schedule your appointment here.