August 26, 2015 7:00 am
This space will be used to keep residents of the City of Santa Clarita informed during an emergency or disaster. Information will be posted as it becomes available. Select email notifications containing the same information found on this site will also be sent to the following eNotify lists as it is updated:
- Emergency Preparedness Updates
- Message from the City Manager
- Press Releases
- Website Updates
Sign up for these notifications and more!
You can also subscribe to receive emergency notifications via text message by filling out an online form or by texting SCEMERGENCY to 888777.
Visit our Emergency Preparedness Website.
July 9, 2016 2:05 pm
At approximately 12pm July 9, 2016, a fire was reported near Calgrove Boulevard and Old Road. Los Angeles County Fire and support units are on-scene. For updates from Los Angeles County Fire, click here. For CHP traffic information, click here.
Updates on this site will be posted as available:
7/10/16 Update 6:00 p.m.
- LA County Fire: *UPDATE* LACOUNTY 1100 acres & 49% containment
7/10/16 Update 3:30 p.m.
- LA County Fire: To read the traffic closure advisory, click here.
- LA County Fire: To read the Sage Fire incident information, click here.
7/10/16 Update 10:15 a.m.
- CHP: Traffic Closures: Traffic closures remain in place and unchanged. Residents with valid ID may enter all closures.
- CHP: Interstate 5 (I-5) through the Newhall pass still open and traffic is free flowing.
7/10/16 Update 9:45 a.m
- LA County Fire: *Update*: FARMERS MARKET at COC will not be open due to fire personnel/ resources and activity
- LA County Fire: RED FLAG WEATHER and WIND ADVISORY from 3pm Sunday to 6 am Monday, please continue to be vigilant and watch. Avoid the use of “weed wackers” and other equipment that may cause sparks or create heat.
7/10/16 Update 8:45 a.m.
- LA County Fire:*UPDATE* 1109 acres burned 20% containment
7/10/16 Update 6:30 a.m.
- LA County Fire: Update w/ updated containment and acreage will be out shortly, FF are using the AM daylight to get a clear aerial view.
- LA County Fire: residents and drivers will cont to see fire and smoke off The Old Rd and 5Frwy. FF are o/s and handling the controlled fire.
Update 9:30 p.m.
- LA County Fire: As of 9:30pm evacuated residents are allowed to go back in. Follow or for more information.
Update 8:30 p.m.
- South Coast AQMD: Smoke Advisory
A smoke advisory is in effect today, July 9, 2016 and will expire at midnight tomorrow. If conditions warrant SCAQMD will update this information.
A brush fire, named the Sage Fire is burning in the Santa Clarita Valley area near Stevenson Ranch. Smoke is moving aloft to the north and east this afternoon, but could settle in the area overnight and in the morning, depending on fire and weather conditions. Air quality may reach Unhealthy levels in areas directly impacted by smoke.
Areas of direct smoke impacts at times and Unhealthy air quality will likely include:
Portions of the Santa Clarita Valley (Forecast Area 13)
Update 8:00 p.m.
- LA County Fire:*Update* IC reporting 800 acres with 15% Containment.
Update 6:00 p.m.
- LA County Fire:*UPDATE* 700 ACRES 5% CONTAINMENT 700 homes evacuated 1 inmate firefighter w/ minor injury
Update 5:50 p.m.
- LA County Fire: UPDATE* IC reports 600 acres with 0% containment.
Update 5:00 p.m.
- LA County Fire: #SageFire UPDATE New Evacuations: Additional 250 homes (total 700 homes) Homes on:
Laurel Crest Lane
Sagecrest to Smokewood Way
Update: 4:45 p.m.
- CHP: Sagecrest closed at The Old Road to traffic going west. The Old Road is closed between Chiquella and Calgrove both directions.
Update: 4:10 p.m.
- LA County Fire: 250 homes evacuated new evacuations : Sagecrest Circle between the Old Road and Laurel Crest Lane also evacuated 24961 The Okd Road.
Update: 3:30 p.m.
- LA County Fire: ADDITIONAL EVACS: AUTUMN PL. SHADY GLEN CT. MAGNOLIA LN W/O OAKRIDGE RD.
Update 3:15 p.m.
- CHP: Old Rd closed at Sagecrest due to fire. Use alt routes around Old Rd South of Pico.
- LA County Fire: *UPDATE* 450 acres 0% Containment 200+ fire personnel 50 homes evacuated
Update 3:01 p.m.
- LA County Fire: *UPDATE* EVAC CENTER WILL REMAIN AT WEST RANCH HIGH SCHOOL IN STEVENSON RANCH 26255 W. VALENCIA BL. STEVENSON RANCH 91381
Update 2:35 p.m.
- LA County Fire: *BRUSH FIRE* Over 200 firefighter personnel & on scene battling a brush fire
Update 2:30 p.m.
- LA County Fire: ADDITIONAL EVACS: SOUTHERN OAKS DR. BETWEEN GREENBRIAR DR & MEADOW LN
Update 2:10 p.m.
- LA County Fire: Update the community of Morning Mist is being evacuated. No Evacs on Southern Oaks Drive.
- LA County Fire: Update evacs on Oldstone & Oakcreek where Southern Drive meet.
- LA County Fire: Evacuation Center WEST RANCH H.S 26255 W. VALENCIA BL. STEVENSON RANCH 91381. Will take 90mins to setup