Earlier today a brush fire broke out north of the 14 freeway, southeast of Calgrove Blvd. in the Santa Clarita Valley. Los Angeles County Fire and supporting units are on-scene. More resources are on their way. For updates from Los Angeles County Fire click here. For CHP click here.
Updates on this site will be posted as available:
UPDATE 6/25/15 4:45 p.m.
#CalgroveFire per Incident Commander. 415 acres burned. 95% containment. 2 Patrol Strike Teams will work throughout the night.
UPDATE 6/25/15 11:55 a.m.
- #CalgroveFire: The wind is blowing ash from yesterday’s burn areas. No new fire. No concern per Incident Command. Teams are still working on hot spots and helicopters are on standby.
UPDATE 6/25/15 9:45 a.m.
- #CalgroveFire update: Fire has grown to 398 acres, containment is at 60%
UPDATE 8:20 p.m.
#CalgroveFire: 200 acres, 25% contained, 1 structure damaged. Evacs may be lifted at 10 pm.
UPDATE 5:50 p.m.
- #GatorFire no active flames at this time, line has been constructed around the entire fire. Different from the #CalgroveFire
UPDATE 5:45 p.m.
- The #GatorFire (Soledad Canyon/Shawdow Pines Blvd) is now at approximately 5 acres and different from the #CalgroveFire
- All lanes on the I-5 near Santa Clarita are reopened
UPDATE 5:30 p.m.
- #CalgroveFire 20% containment with 100 acres burned.
- #GatorFire 1st alarm brush assignment w/ approximately 2 acres burned.
UPDATE 5:18 p.m.
- SECOND brush Fire in Santa Clarita on Soledad Canyon Rd/Shadow Pines Blvd 1/4 acre fire.This is a separate fire. This is the #GatorFire.
UPDATE 5:15 p.m.
- #CalgroveFire update: 450 firefighters.1 FF minor burn injury taken to hosp. 100 acres burned. 20% containment.Minor damage to 1 structure.
UPDATE 5:00 p.m.
UPDATE 4:45 p.m.
- MEDIA UPDATE: Incident Commander will address media regarding #CalgroveFire at 5pm at the Command Post 23857 Old Road. This is near the church
- About 1000 people, 500 homes evacuated due to #CalgroveFire in Santa Clarita Valley
UPDATE 4:30 p.m.
- About 1000 people have been evacuated due to #CalgroveFire in the Santa Clarita Valley
- West Ranch High School in Valencia is the evacuation center #CalgroveFire 26255 Valencia Blvd.
- UPDATE: #CalgroveFire is 100 acres. It is a “Greater Alarm Brush Fire” w/ 300 firefighters w/ assistance from numerous agencies
UPDATE 4:15 p.m.
- Evacuation Zones currently include: Wildwood Canyon, La Salle Canyon, Crescent Valley Mobile Home, Santa Clarita Senior Center and Hart Park
- Please avoid the City’s area south of Lyons Avenue in the vicinity of the #Calgrovefire. Intermittent road closures.
- #Calgrove fire is now at approximately 100 acres
UPDATE 4:00 p.m
- At this time, the Calgrove fire near Santa Clarita is not affecting Metrolink service.
- Santa Clarita Transit routes are all still currently running but with heavy delays. expect big impacts to service during the immediate future.
- UPDATED SIGALERT: NB/SB I5 JSO GAVIN CANYON, NB I5’S LANES 1 AND 2 OPEN, SB I5’S LANES ARE FULLY REOPENED (SANTA CLARITA)
- Evacuation zones currently include: Wildwood Canyon, La Salle Canyon, Crescent Valley Mobile Home, Santa Clarita Senior Center and Hart Park.
UPDATE 3:45 p.m
- Mandatory #CalgroveFire Evacs done on Champagne Ln @SCVSheriff #SCV Firefighters continue to fight fire @LACo_FD @LACoFDPIO
UPDATE 3:30 p.m.
- ATTN: All evening commuter routes to be impacted by Calgrove fire. Expect heavy delays. #SCV #SantaClarita
UPDATE 3:15 p.m.
- Mandatory #CalgroveFire Evacs In Progress, 8 houses on Oakbridge Ln Newhall More evacs in progress…
- UPDATE: #Calgrove fire is now at 85 acres
- : FIRE UPDATE: NB THE OLD ROAD AT SIERRA HIGHWAY CLOSED; SB THE OLD ROAD AT CALGROVE CLOSED. #CalgroveFire
UPDATE 2:30 p.m.
- Los Angeles County Fire reporting 45 acres as of 2:22 p.m.
- CHP reporting southbound and northbound lanes of I-5 closed.
- The Old Road is also closed between Sierra Highway and Calgrove
- West Ranch High School is being used as an evacuation center.
- Evacuation areas include: La Salle Canyon and the Cresent Valley Mobile Home Park